APTC is the national organization for directors of psychology training clinics. Its members are directors of clinics that are typically associated with pre-doctoral graduate training programs in professional psychology – clinical, community, counseling, clinical child, and school psychology – at regionally accredited universities.
Our organization’s mission is to support and represent the interests of our member directors and their clinics. This website is an important vehicle for support and communication among members. Here you will find pages containing:
- Information about the APTC’s organization and structure
- Information about joining the APTC
To join, click on the "Join" tab, provide the requested information, and after you do so, we will review and approve your request to join (if you meet membership eligibility criteria as specified in our bylaws), so that you can then log in to pay dues and access all of our member benefits. Dues are $200 annually, payable through this website or by mailing a check. Dues cover the September - August fiscal year. Dues increase to $250 (which includes a $50 late fee) after December 31st.
Registered members have access to
- Clinic manuals and other administrative documents from a representative range of clinics
- Discussion threads of issues relevant to running training clinics, archived from the APTC listserve
- APTC membership directory and list of mentors for new clinic directors
- Guidelines for Psychology Training Clinics
- Annual Clinic Directors’ Meeting (Directors only)
APTC offers the following services, many of them located on this website:
- Regular forums for exchange of information and resources relevant to pre-doctoral practicum training and service in professional psychology (e.g., annual conference at the American Psychological Association meetings, a mid-year meeting, a newsletter, Internet based information, and a member’s email listserv.
- Administrative and practice recommendations for the professional operation of psychology training clinics. Promotion of ethical and legal standards of professional psychology training, supervision, service delivery, applied research, and administration.
- Representation of the views of psychology training clinic directors regarding pre-doctoral training and service in professional psychology to relevant organizations, such as the Council of Chairs of Training Councils, the APA Education Directorate, and the APA Practice Directorate.
Click here to read our most recent APTC Newsletter
SIGN UP NOW!